Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Lost But Not Forgotten


Well truth be told we slacked. Getting something posted even three times a week isn't easy, life gets in the way, but the truth is the point of this blog was to step away from "life" once in awhile and just be in the moment.


So I am making an effort to get back on track, I am not going to go back and repeat the past few months let's just move forward shall we?


Life in the now...

I read a great blog on " 30 Things to Stop Doing to Yourself"

Here are a couple of the things that are resonating right now:

Stop complaining and feeling sorry for yourself:

Life's curve balls are thrown for a reason- to shift your path in direction that is meant for you. You may not see or understand everything the moment it happens, and it may be tough. But reflect back on those negative curve balls thrown at you and you will often see that eventually they led you to a better place, person, state of mind or situation. *Let everyone know that today you are a lot stronger than you were yesterday.


Stop being ungrateful:

No matter how good or bad you have it, wake up each day thankful for your life. Someone somewhere else is desperately fighting for theirs. Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that others do not.


Stop trying to be everything to everyone:

Doing so is impossible, and trying will only burn you out. But making one person smile CAN change the world. Maybe not the whole world but their world. So narrow your focus.


It was difficult to choose just three of 30 because they all were great. But these three things I want to focus on now.

I need to stop and thinking about all the things that aren't perfect in my life and realize how good I have it. I often get caught up in the daily stress of my job but in the big scheme of things, why worry so much. Life is too short and I need to be more thankful for this life I am able to live everyday.


I also know that I am the type of person that wants to be everything to everyone and never let anyone down. Well... let's be serious that is just a recipe for self destruction! From now on focus on what i can do for others that make me happy and can better my life and theirs.



Here is a little refresher for ya...

Have a Happy Tuesday Y'all!


<3, Mabes.


No comments:

Post a Comment